Medieval Siege Weapon Spectacular 2018
For the whole month of August (except Saturdays)
- Marvel at the building and construction of our new huge medieval Catapult
- Climb the Towers that would guard against attack from enemies
- Watch and join in with the amazing firing of our famous full-size medieval Perrier Catapult
- Children’s free colouring-in cards of various siege weapons
- Free stamp hunt with a gift
- View an attacking army’s siege tower and imagine how they would scale the palisade walls to take over the Castle
- Walk through the full sized Battering Ram
- Plus so much more
Lots of fun in store for all the family for the whole month of August (except Saturdays)
No need to book – No extra charge – Lovely Café on site, or bring your own picnic.
Nine Lives for Nine Ducklings
Fred the resident dog at Mountfitchet Castle in Stansted stepped up to the challenge when nine little ducklings became orphaned last Thursday. The ducklings’ mum had disappeared and a member of staff found them waddling around the castle grounds alone. The team were very worried about the ducklings but Fred, a 10 year old Labrador, immediately took to them and has been babysitting ever since.
The ducklings absolutely adore him and he has now resigned himself to being a stay at home dad looking after the 9 baby ducklings. They are getting very mischievous even hitching a ride on his back and following him in to the water for a swim in the castle moat.
Our recent story regarding Fred the Labrador has gone rather mad and has been featured on quite a few news websites, all over facebook, twitter and Instagram!
Check out some of the links below…
New for 2018 at Mountfitchet Castle
Come and see our adorable Pygmy Goats