Due to the end of British Summer Time, and the clocks going back, the opening times from 27th October until 10th November will be from 10am to approx 4.30pm (depending on the weather) with last admission at 3pm

Sleepy Eyed Bisque Head Doll Donation

This Schoenau & Hoffmeister sleepy eyed bisque head doll was kindly donated to the House on the hill Museum by Ester S.

The Schoenau & Hoffmeister porcelain factory was founded in 1901 by Arthur Schoenau and Carl Hoffmeister in Burggrub, Germany near Kronach, Bavaria.

The company made dolls from 1901 to 1953.

The two partners had different ideas about the type of porcelain heads for their dolls.

This doll will be on display in The House on the Hill Toy Museum as part a collection of the rarest of dolls, teddies, board games, Hornby trains and robots on display, enabling visitors to see these fantastic items that may otherwise have been lost to public gaze forever.